Temple Kol Tikvah is very proud of the robust contributions our teens make to the temple and their strong participation in all facets of our community.
Tikvah Teens is a monthly social program that includes activities such as movie nights, sledding, trips to Boston, local social action, museum visits, tie dye events, baking, and more. The teens themselves decide on the activities each year, and help to organize each event with assistance from parents and the adult group facilitator. There is a registration fee for this program.
After b’nai mitzvah, our teens have many opportunities to continue their engagement and contribution to the Kol Tikvah community and beyond. Beginning in their second year of volunteering, teens are eligible to receive a modest stipend as an expression of the community’s gratitude. Current opportunities include:
- Tutoring in Tikvah Learning, our weekly learning program for Grades 3-7
- Assisting in our monthly program for Tikvah Tots (0-5) and Tikvah Kids (Grades K-2)
- Providing childcare for young children at adult events or services
- Co-leading Shabbat services
- Singing and/or playing an instrument in Kol Tikvah’s “Spirit Rising Band”
- Assisting with temple outreach on social media / photographing events
- Doing community service work as a member of the Social Action Team
- Participating actively in High Holidays services (singing, chanting Torah)
Powered by a CJP Teen Community Impact Grant