At Temple Kol Tikvah, we take pride in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our congregation has a dedicated and active Social Action Team that has been involved in a number of activities over the past several years. The following are among the many programs which our team members have either organized or participated in:
• An annual High Holiday Food Drive benefiting a number of local food pantries with donations from members of our congregation.
• Involvement in the HESSCO Elder Services’ Thanksgiving meal delivery to elderly residents located in the local area.
• Participation in the Sharon Rotary Club’s Gifts of Hope program, which provides holiday gifts to children from needy families in the local communities.
* Supporting Evelyn House, a local shelter for homeless families
• Participation in the South Area Social Action Collaborative Group, which consists of members of several congregations located south of Boston and whose goal is to engage members of the different congregations in working together on a number of community service projects.
• Involvement in the South Shore Habitat for Humanity, a non-profit organization dedicated to delivering affordable homes to families in need.
The Social Action Team welcomes both suggestions and participation from our congregation.